Monday, July 15, 2013

Six months....

Today is a very sad day for me as it marks the 6th month since my "mami" aka mom passed away. She was Chicana too, not by birth but by right, she was a GUERRERA warrior. My Chicana struggles began with her, with my roots, the roots that she took with her to the grave and now lay 6 feet under but run in my 5'2 foot body even deeper. In our culture our mother is sacred, we take care of them, cherish them, and never leave them, they don't go to homes when they are weak and frail we take care of them with our life and even put our life on hold for them. When our mother dies a part of us goes with them, the bond that we form with our mothers is unbreakable, it's never ending... I learned what I know and I am what I am because of her. She was and will continue to be the air I breathe and the motor of my life. I love you and miss you Mami...

No comments:

Post a Comment